- of an atom or atoms
- of, using, or powered by nuclear energy: an atomic submarine
- involving the use of nuclear weapons: atomic warfare
- having its atoms in an uncombined form: atomic oxygen
- very small; minute
- atomically adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of or relating to an atom or atoms.
- Of or employing nuclear energy: an atomic submarine; atomic weapons.
- Very small; infinitesimal.
- a·tomˈi·cal·ly adverb
atomic - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
atomic - Science Definition
- Relating to an atom or to atoms.
- Employing nuclear energy.
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.