atomic definition by Webster's New World
- of an atom or atoms
- of, using, or powered by nuclear energy: an atomic submarine
- involving the use of nuclear weapons: atomic warfare
- having its atoms in an uncombined form: atomic oxygen
- very small; minute
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- atomically adverb
atomic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of or relating to an atom or atoms.
- Of or employing nuclear energy: an atomic submarine; atomic weapons.
- Very small; infinitesimal.
- a·tomˈi·cal·ly adverb
atomic - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop EncyclopediaTHIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLYAll other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
atomic - Science Definition
- Relating to an atom or to atoms.
- Employing nuclear energy.