- of atoms or atomism
- made up of a number of unrelated elements
- The Periodic Table of Elements is an example of something that is atomistic.
- A painting made up of simple shapes is an example of something that is atomistic.
The definition of atomistic is relating to atoms or atomism or something composed of many simple elements.
- Of or having to do with atoms or atomism.
- Consisting of many separate, often disparate elements: an atomistic culture.
- Metrodorus of Chios was an important member of the Atomistic school.
- It was on this field that he most vehemently attacked the prevailing atomistic and materialistic views of the methodic school, and his conception of the pneuma became in some respects half metaphysical.
- LEUCIPPUS, Greek philosopher, born at Miletus (or Elea), founder of the Atomistic theory, contemporary of Zeno, Empedocles and Anaxagoras.
- He was at issue, however, with the atomistic materialism of Democritus in regard to its twin assumptions of absolute atoms and infinite space.