- The definition of atomistic is relating to atoms or atomism or something composed of many simple elements.
- The Periodic Table of Elements is an example of something that is atomistic.
- A painting made up of simple shapes is an example of something that is atomistic.
atomistic definition by Webster's New World
- of atoms or atomism
- made up of a number of unrelated elements
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- atomistically adverb
atomistic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or having to do with atoms or atomism.
- Consisting of many separate, often disparate elements: an atomistic culture.
- atˌom·isˈti·cal·ly adverb