- done or brought about by force; not voluntary; compulsory: forced labor
- produced or kept up by unusual effort; not natural or spontaneous; strained or constrained: a forced smile
- due to necessity or emergency: a forced landing
- at a pace faster than usual: a forced march
See forced in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Imposed by force; involuntary: was condemned to a life of forced labor; a plane that made a forced landing.
- Produced under strain; not spontaneous: forced laughter.
Learn more about forced