- The definition of compulsory is something that is required, not optional.
An example of compulsory is a training course you have to attend.
- that must be done, undergone, etc.; obligatory; required
- compelling; coercive
Origin of compulsoryMedieval Latin compulsorius ; from Late Latin compulsor, one who compels
- Obligatory; required: a compulsory examination.
- Employing or exerting compulsion; coercive.
nounoften cumpulsories Sports
(comparative more compulsory, superlative most compulsory)
- Something that is compulsory or required.
From Latin compulsorius
compulsory - Legal Definition