- wrongly or unlawfully begotten; specif., born out of wedlockalso mis·be·got′
- wrongly or badly conceived: misbegotten rules
- Offensive Born to parents not married to each other.
- Having an improper basis or origin; ill-conceived: misbegotten ideas about education.
- Deserving of contempt: You misbegotten scoundrel!
(plural not attested)
- (loosely, quasi-nominal collective, as “the misbegotten [are]") That set of people born into infelicitous circumstances.
(comparative more misbegotten, superlative most misbegotten)
mis- +"Ž begotten