- An example of realistic is a person who knows his own limitations and isn't going to expect to be an amazing opera singer when he can't even carry a tune.
- An example of realistic is a book that really rings true and that could be about true life.
- of, having to do with, or in the style of, realism or realists
- tending to face facts; practical rather than visionary
- Tending to or expressing an awareness of things as they really are: She gave us a realistic appraisal of our chances.
- Of or relating to the representation of objects, actions, or social conditions as they actually are: a realistic novel about coal mining. See Synonyms at vivid.
(comparative more realistic, superlative most realistic)