- The definition of practicable is something that is useful, or something that is possible to do or put into practice.
An example of practicable is a plan to streamline business operations that is possible to implement.
practicable definition by Webster's New World
- that can be done or put into practice; feasible: a practicable plan
- that can be used; usable; useful: a practicable tool
Origin: altered (based on practice) ; from French praticable ; from pratiquer
practicable definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Capable of being effected, done, or put into practice; feasible. See Synonyms at possible.
- Usable for a specified purpose: a practicable way of entry.
Origin: Medieval Latin prācticābilis, capable of being used, from prācticāre, to practice, from prāctica, practice, from Greek prāktikē, practical science, from feminine of prāktikos, fit for action, practical, from prāssein, prāk-, to make, do.
- pracˌti·ca·bilˈi·ty noun
- pracˈti·ca·bly adverb