- The definition of feasible is that something is possible, doable or likely.
An example of feasible is getting the answer to an easy math problem.
- capable of being done or carried out; practicable; possible: a feasible scheme
- within reason; likely or probable: a usage objected to by some: a feasible story
- capable of being used or dealt with successfully; suitable: land feasible for cultivation
Origin: Middle English faisible ; from Old French ; from stem of faire, to do ; from Classical Latin facere: see do
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Capable of being accomplished or brought about; possible: a feasible plan. See Synonyms at possible.
- Used or dealt with successfully; suitable: feasible new sources of energy.
- Logical; likely: a feasible explanation.
Origin: Middle English fesable, from Old French faisable, from faire, fais-, to do, from Latin facere; see dhē- in Indo-European roots.
- feaˌsi·bilˈi·ty, feaˈsi·ble·ness noun
- feaˈsi·bly adverb