- The definition of feasible is that something is possible, doable or likely.
An example of feasible is getting the answer to an easy math problem.
- capable of being done or carried out; practicable; possible: a feasible scheme
- within reason; likely or probable: a usage objected to by some: a feasible story
- capable of being used or dealt with successfully; suitable: land feasible for cultivation
Origin of feasibleMiddle English faisible ; from Old French ; from stem of faire, to do ; from Classical Latin facere: see do
- Capable of being accomplished or brought about; possible: a feasible plan. See Synonyms at possible.
- Capable of being used or dealt with successfully: feasible new sources of energy.
- Logical; likely: a feasible explanation.
Origin of feasibleMiddle English fesable, from Old French faisable, from faire, fais-, to do, from Latin facere; see dhē- in Indo-European roots.
- fea′si·bil′i·ty, fea′si·ble·ness
(comparative more feasible, superlative most feasible)
- infeasible, unfeasible