- The definition of feasible is that something is possible, doable or likely.
An example of feasible is getting the answer to an easy math problem.
feasible definition by Webster's New World
- capable of being done or carried out; practicable; possible: a feasible scheme
- within reason; likely or probable: a usage objected to by some: a feasible story
- capable of being used or dealt with successfully; suitable: land feasible for cultivation
Origin: Middle English faisible ; from Old French ; from stem of faire, to do ; from Classical Latin facere: see do
feasible definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Capable of being accomplished or brought about; possible: a feasible plan. See Synonyms at possible.
- Used or dealt with successfully; suitable: feasible new sources of energy.
- Logical; likely: a feasible explanation.
Origin: Middle English fesable, from Old French faisable, from faire, fais-, to do, from Latin facere; see dhē- in Indo-European roots.
- feaˌsi·bilˈi·ty, feaˈsi·ble·ness noun
- feaˈsi·bly adverb