- Accessible is defined as something that you can obtain, get to or use.
An example of a handicap accessible building would be one that had ramps and wide doorways.
- that can be approached or entered
- easy to approach or enter
- that can be got; obtainable
- open to the influence of: with to: accessible to pity
- easily understood or generally appreciated: an accessible poet
Origin: French ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin accessibilis ; from Classical Latin accessus, access
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Easily approached or entered.
- Easily obtained: accessible money.
- Easy to talk to or get along with: an accessible manager.
- Easily swayed or influenced: accessible to flattery.
- ac·cesˌsi·bilˈi·ty, ac·cesˈsi·ble·ness noun
- ac·cesˈsi·bly adverb