accessible[ak ses′ə bəl, ək-]
- Accessible is defined as something that you can obtain, get to or use.
An example of a handicap accessible building would be one that had ramps and wide doorways.
- that can be approached or entered
- easy to approach or enter
- that can be got; obtainable
- open to the influence of: with to: accessible to pity
- easily understood or generally appreciated: an accessible poet
Origin of accessibleFrench ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin accessibilis ; from Classical Latin accessus, access
- Easily approached or entered.
- Easily obtained: accessible money.
- Easy to talk to or get along with: an accessible manager.
- Easily swayed or influenced: accessible to flattery.
- ac·ces′si·bil′i·ty, ac·ces′si·ble·ness
(comparative more accessible, superlative most accessible)
- (open to influence): Followed by to.
- First attested in 1400.
- (easy of access): First attested in the 1640's.
- (art, literature): First attested in 1961.
- From French, from Late Latin accessibilis, from accessus, perfect passive participle of accēdō (“approach”)