- that can be approached; accessible
- easily approached; friendly; receptive
The definition of approachable refers to something that you can get to or access.
If there is a paved road leading to a cabin, that would be an example of a cabin that is approachable by car.
- Possible to approach; accessible: a retreat in the mountains approachable in winter only by helicopter.
- Easy to talk to or deal with; friendly.
(comparative more approachable, superlative most approachable)
approach + -able
- Resorting to stimulants after illness, his marked excess in this respect on the occasion of his inauguration as vice-president undoubtedly did him harm with the public. Faults of personality were his great handicap. Though approachable and not without kindliness of manner, he seemed hard and inflexible; and while president, physical pain and domestic anxieties, added to the struggles of public life, combined to accentuate a naturally somewhat severe temperament.
- There was a flicker of warmth in his gaze as he teased Katie, and he almost seemed approachable without the bulky trench coat lined with weapons.
- I don't remember them being as dedicated or genuine or approachable, Eden said.
- He seemed the most approachable of everyone she'd met.
- I had another tree friend, gentle and more approachable than the great oak--a linden that grew in the dooryard at Red Farm.