unapproachable[un′ə prōc̸h′ə bəl]
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- not to be approached; inaccessible; aloof
- having no rival or equal; unmatched
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Not friendly; aloof: an unapproachable executive.
- Not accessible; inapproachable: an unapproachable chalet high in the Alps.
- unˌap·proachˌa·bilˈi·ty, unˌap·proachˈa·ble·ness noun
- unˌap·proachˈa·bly adverb