- The definition of convenient is something easy to do, causes little trouble or easy to get to.
- An example of convenient is a solution to a problem that presents itself at just the right time.
- An example of convenient is a store that is located right next to your house for easy access.
- adding to one's comfort; easy to do, use, or get to; causing little trouble or work; handy
- easily accessible (to); near (to)
- Obsolete appropriate; suitable
Origin of convenientMiddle English ; from Classical Latin conveniens, present participle of convenire, convene
- Suited or favorable to one's comfort, purpose, or needs: a convenient time to receive guests; a convenient excuse for not going.
- a. Easy to reach; accessible: a bank with branches at six convenient locations.b. Close at hand; near: an apartment that is convenient to transportation.
- Obsolete Fitting and proper; suitable.
Origin of convenientMiddle English, from Latin conveniēns, convenient-, present participle of convenīre, to be suitable, fit; see convene.
(comparative more convenient, superlative most convenient)