- The definition of ineffectual is not productive or not working correctly.
An example of something ineffectual is a cell phone that constantly breaks.
ineffectual definition by Webster's New World
not effectual; not producing or not able to produce the desired effect
ineffectual definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Insufficient to produce a desired effect: an ineffectual effort to block the legislation.b. Useless; worthless: an ineffectual treatment for cancer.
- Lacking forcefulness or effectiveness; weak: an ineffectual ruler.
- inˌef·fecˌtu·alˈi·ty , inˌef·fecˈtu·al·ness noun
- inˌef·fecˈtu·al·ly adverb