- The definition of ineffective is something or someone that does not succeed at accomplishing or moving towards a goal.
When you make an effort to clean up but you do not end up actually cleaning anything at all, this is an example of an effort that would be described as ineffective.
- not effective; not producing the desired effect; ineffectual: an ineffective plan
- not capable of performing satisfactorily; incompetent; inefficient: an ineffective mayor
- Not producing an intended effect; ineffectual: an ineffective plea.
- Inadequate; incompetent: an ineffective teacher.
(comparative more ineffective, superlative most ineffective)