- An example of out of the way is a small restaurant half hour outside the city that you love because it is undiscovered.
- An example of out of the way is when your son asks you to take him to a comic book store an hour from your home to which you don't feel like going.
- An example of out of the way is when you have to deviate from your errands and drive five minutes in the opposite direction because you forgot something.
- not near a frequented road or populous place; secluded
- not common; unusual
- not conventional or proper
- Being in a remote or secluded location: a quiet, out-of-the-way resort.
- Being out of the ordinary; unusual: out-of-the-way memorabilia.
- Improper; offensive: out-of-the-way remarks.
(comparative more out of the way, superlative most out of the way)
- Remote or secluded.
- I know this out-of-the-way hotel where we could stay.
- Unusual or out of the ordinary.
- Improper or offensive.
- (idiomatic) Not obstructing or hindering; not in the way.
- Please move your bike out of the way.
- (idiomatic) Taken care of.
- Now that the main problems are out of the way, we can start working on the details.