- suitable to or usual for the time of year
- coming or done at the right time; opportune; timely
Origin of seasonableMiddle English sesonable
- Typical of or suitable for the season or the time of year: seasonable weather; seasonable clothing.
- Archaic Occurring or performed at a suitable or proper time; opportune: seasonable advice.
(comparative more seasonable, superlative most seasonable)
- Opportune; occurring at an appropriate or suitable time.
- Thomas Salusbury (1662): Nor is it seasonable to have to do with Hercules, whil'st he is enraged, and amongst the Furies.
- Appropriate to the current season of the year.
- The temperature outside was quite seaonable, neither warmer nor colder than I had expected.
season +"Ž -able
seasonable - Legal Definition
In a timely manner; within the time agreed upon; within a reasonable amount of time.