Graduation is an auspicious occasion.
- The definition of auspicious is a situation that is positive or indicative of good things to come or is someone who is lucky.
- An example of an auspicious occasion is a high school graduation.
- An example of someone who is auspicious is a recent college graduate who gets a high paying job in his field after his first interview.
- of good omen; boding well for the future; favorable; propitious
- favored by fortune; successful
Origin of auspicious; from Classical Latin auspicium (see auspice) + -ous
Presenting favorable circumstances or showing signs of a favorable outcome; propitious: an auspicious time to ask for a raise.
(comparative more auspicious, superlative most auspicious)