Two golden rings.
golden definition by Webster's New World
- made of, containing, or yielding gold
- having the color and luster of gold; bright-yellow
- very valuable or precious; excellent
- prosperous and joyful; flourishing
- favorable; auspicious: a golden opportunity
- marking or celebrating the 50th year: a golden anniversary
- gifted in a way that promises future success: a golden boy
- richly mellow, as a voice
Origin: Middle English golden ; from gold (for earlier gilden)
golden definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, made of, or containing gold.
- a. Having the color of gold or a yellow color suggestive of gold.b. Lustrous; radiant: the golden sun.c. Suggestive of gold, as in richness or splendor: a golden voice.
- Of the greatest value or importance; precious.
- Marked by peace, prosperity, and often creativeness: a golden era.
- Very favorable or advantageous; excellent: a golden opportunity.
- Having a promising future; seemingly assured of success: a golden generation.
- Of or relating to a 50th anniversary.
- goldˈen·ly adverb
- goldˈen·ness noun