- A person who wins the lottery is an example of someone who would be described as lucky.
- A penny that causes good things to happen is an example of a lucky penny.
- Getting a great job by chance is an example of a lucky break.
The definition of lucky is someone who has good fortune, something that brings good fortune, or something that results from good fortune and chance.
- having good luck; fortunate
- happening or resulting fortunately: a lucky change
- believed to bring good luck: a lucky coin
Slang to have sexual intercourse
- Having or attended by good luck. See Synonyms at fortunate.
- Believed to bring good luck: hoped to draw a lucky number.
(comparative luckier, superlative luckiest)