An example of something that would be described as a timely release is a new book in the horror genre just as horror books start to take off and become really popular.
- happening, done, said, etc. at a suitable time; well-timed; opportune
- Now Rare appearing in good time; early
Origin of timelyMiddle English tymeli from Old English timlice: see time and -ly
- -·lier, -·li·estArchaic early; soon
- at the right time; opportunely: the brief was timely filed with the court
(comparative timelier, superlative timeliest)
- Done at the proper time.
- Happening or appearing at the proper time.