- The definition of up to date is something that is current as of the present moment.
An example of up to date is an inventory of goods in your store that you just finished conducting a minute ago.
up-to-date definition by Webster's New World
- extending to the present time; using or including the latest facts, ideas, etc.
- keeping up with what is most recent in style, taste, information, etc.
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- up-to-dateness noun
up-to-date definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Informed of or reflecting the latest information or changes: an up-to-date timetable.
- Being in accord with the latest ideas, improvements, or styles: up-to-date technology; up-to-date fashions.
- upˌ-to-dateˈness noun
up-to-date - Phrases/Idioms
see bring up to date.