- extending to the present time; using or including the latest facts, ideas, etc.
- keeping up with what is most recent in style, taste, information, etc.
up to dateup-to-date
An example of up to date is an inventory of goods in your store that you just finished conducting a minute ago.
- Informed of or reflecting the latest information or changes: an up-to-date timetable.
- Being in accord with the latest ideas, improvements, or styles: up-to-date technology; up-to-date fashions.
(comparative more uptodate, superlative most uptodate)
- (nonstandard) Alternative form of up to date.
- Apparently more common among programmers.
(comparative more up-to-date, superlative most up-to-date)
(comparative more up to date, superlative most up to date)
- Alternative spelling of up-to-date. Used after the noun.
- Our expert editors review each and every article to make sure the information you receive is as accurate and up-to-date as possible, and our industry contacts help us to stay informed on all the lastest swimwear fashions and news.
- CBS' Young and the Restless website is also where you can find updates on current and future storylines and up-to-date information on the actors and actresses who portray your favorite Young and the Restless characters.
- Removal of dead and damaged tissue (under local, regional, or general anesthetic) may be required after the wound has been washed, and any child whose tetanus shots are not up-to-date should receive a booster injection.
- Along with the clamor from plus-size women who wanted to have a selection of up-to-date fashions to choose from, the clothing industry has recognized the growing need for trendy plus size clothing in sizes 14 and up.
- While paper mail may delay payments substantially and you may not be able to see exactly when a company receives your payment, online banking provides up-to-date access to your financial statements and transactions.