- The definition of topical is something relevant or related, or something applied to the surface of the body.
- When you are discussing a film, the reviews about it are an example of something that is topical.
- A cream medicine that you apply directly to the skin instead of taking as a pill is an example of a topical cream.
topical definition by Webster's New World
- of a particular place; local
- of, using, or arranged by topics, subjects, or headings
- having to do with topics of the day; of current or local interest: topical allusions in literature
- Med. of or for a particular part of the body; esp., designating or by local application: a topical remedy
topical definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of or belonging to a particular location or place; local.
- Currently of interest; contemporary.
- Medicine a. Of or applied to a localized area of the body or to the surface of a body part.b. Of or relating to a drug applied topically.
- Of, arranged by, or relating to a particular topic or topics.
A topical anesthetic.
Origin: From Greek topikos, from topos, place.
- topˌi·calˈi·ty noun
- topˈi·cal·ly adverb
topical - Medical Definition
Of or applied to a definite or localized area of the body.
- topically adverb