- The definition of topical is something relevant or related, or something applied to the surface of the body.
- When you are discussing a film, the reviews about it are an example of something that is topical.
- A cream medicine that you apply directly to the skin instead of taking as a pill is an example of a topical cream.
- of a particular place; local
- of, using, or arranged by topics, subjects, or headings
- having to do with topics of the day; of current or local interest: topical allusions in literature
- Med. of or for a particular part of the body; esp., designating or by local application: a topical remedy
- Being of current interest or relevance: topical issues.
- Medicine Relating to, applied to, or affecting a localized area of the body, especially of the skin: a topical anesthetic.
- Of, arranged by, or relating to a particular topic or topics: a topical concordance to the Bible.
A topical anesthetic.
Origin of topicalFrom Greek topikos, from topos, place.
(comparative more topical, superlative most topical)
- (medicine: applied locally): systemic
- (pharmacology) A topical anaesthetic.