The definition of thematic is something with recurring ideas.
An example of thematic are movies about super heroes.
- of or constituting a theme or themes
- Linguis. of or relating to the stem of a word or to a vowel ending a stem that precedes an inflectional ending
- Brit., Philately of stamps collected according to a theme, or topic
Brit. any stamp of a thematic collection
- Of, relating to, or being a theme: a scene of thematic importance.
- Linguistics Of, constituting, or relating to the theme of a word: a thematic vowel.
Origin of thematicGreek thematikos, from thema, themat-, theme; see theme.
- A postage stamp that is part of a thematic collection
From Ancient Greek Î¸ÎµÎ¼Î±Ï„Î¹ÎºÏŒÏ‚ (thematikos), from Î¸ÎÎ¼Î± (thema, “theme").