- The definition of available is someone or something that can be found, used or accessed.
- An example of an available option is a color that can be chosen for a car.
- An example of available is a person who is free to attend a meeting.
- that one can avail oneself of; that can be used; usable
- that can be gotten, had, or reached; handy; accessible
- Obsolete that can avail
- ☆ Politics
- having qualifications that would make one a strong candidate for an elective office
- willing and able to run for office
- availably adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Present and ready for use; at hand; accessible: kept a fire extinguisher available at all times.
- Capable of being gotten; obtainable: a bedspread available in three colors.
- Qualified and willing to serve or assist: a list of available candidates; was not available for comment.
- a. Chemistry Capable of being used in a chemical reaction: available electrons.b. Botany Present, as in soil, and capable of being used by plants as a nutrient: available water; available minerals.
- Archaic a. Capable of bringing about a beneficial result or effect.b. Law Valid. Used especially of a plea.
- a·vailˌa·bilˈi·ty, a·vailˈa·ble·ness noun
- a·vailˈa·bly adverb