- An example of an available option is a color that can be chosen for a car.
- An example of available is a person who is free to attend a meeting.
The definition of available is someone or something that can be found, used or accessed.
- that one can avail oneself of; that can be used; usable
- that can be gotten, had, or reached; handy; accessible
- able to be understood or generally appreciated: one of Shakespeare's more available plays
- not married, engaged, etc., and therefore a potential romantic or sexual partner
- Obs. that can avail
- having qualifications that would make one a strong candidate for an elective office
- willing and able to run for office
- Present and ready for use; at hand; accessible: kept a fire extinguisher available at all times.
- Capable of being gotten; obtainable: a bedspread available in three colors.
- Qualified and willing to serve or assist: a list of available candidates; was not available for comment.
- a. Chemistry Capable of being used in a chemical reaction: available electrons.b. Botany Present, as in soil, and capable of being used by plants as a nutrient: available water; available minerals.
- a·vail′a·bil′i·ty a·vail′a·ble·ness
(comparative more available, superlative most available)
- Such as one may avail one’s self of; capable of being used for the accomplishment of a purpose.
- We have an available candidate.
- Readily obtainable.
- The list shows the available products in the store.
- (law) Valid.
- This is an available plea.
- (archaic) Having sufficient power, force, or efficacy to achieve the purpose; availing, effective.
- (such as can be availed of): unavailable
avail + -able