- The definition of a pauper is a poor person or someone with limited or no financial resources.
A very poor person living on the streets with no money is an example of a pauper.
A pauper sleeps on the street.
pauper definition by Webster's New World
- Historical a person who lives on charity, esp. on tax-supported charity
- any person who is extremely poor
Origin: Classical Latin poor person, poor
pauper definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One who is extremely poor.
- One living on or eligible for public charity.
Origin: From Latin, poor; see pau-1 in Indo-European roots.
pauper - Business Definition
pauper - Legal Definition