The definition of wealthy is someone with many riches, especially material riches.adjective
A person with a million dollars is an example of someone who might be described as wealthy.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
adjective wealthier, wealthiest
- having wealth; rich; prosperous; affluent
- of, characterized by, or suggestive of wealth
- rich or abundant (in something specified): talk wealthy in nuances
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
☆ a red, medium-sized fall apple
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Having wealth; rich. See Synonyms at rich.
- Marked by abundance: a wealthy land.
- Well supplied: wealthy in compassion.
(used with a pl. verb) Rich people considered as a group. Often used with the.