A wealthy man.
A person with a million dollars is an example of someone who might be described as wealthy.
- having wealth; rich; prosperous; affluent
- of, characterized by, or suggestive of wealth or abundance
Origin of Wealthynamed by Peter Gideon (1818-99), Minn. horticulturist, after his wife, Wealthy Gideon
- Having wealth; rich. See Synonyms at rich.
- Marked by abundance: a wealthy land.
- Well supplied: wealthy in compassion.
(comparative wealthier or more wealthy, superlative wealthiest or most wealthy)
(usually uncountable, plural wealthies)
- (uncountable, preceded by the) Rich people.
- (countable) A rich person.
wealth +"Ž -y