Wealth is a great amount of money, property, possessions or ideas.noun
An example of wealth is the money, property and business ventures of Donald Trump.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- much money or property; great amount of worldly possessions; riches
- the state of having much money or property; affluence: a person of wealth
- a large amount (of something); abundance: a wealth of ideas
- valuable products, contents, or derivatives: the wealth of the oceans
- Obsolete weal; well-being
- everything having economic value measurable in price
- any useful material thing capable of being bought, sold, or stocked for future disposition
Origin: ME welthe, wealth, happiness: see weal & -th
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. An abundance of valuable material possessions or resources; riches.b. The state of being rich; affluence.
- All goods and resources having value in terms of exchange or use.
- A great amount; a profusion: a wealth of advice.
Origin: Middle English welthe, from wele, from Old English wela; see wel-1 in Indo-European roots.