- The definition of a weal is a raised part on the skin from an injury, or the well-being or overall health.
- An example of a weal is a bump on the head.
- An example of weal is the health of an economic system.
weal definition by Webster's New World
Origin: variant, variety of wale
- a sound or prosperous state; well-being; welfare: the public weal
- the body politic
Origin: Middle English wele ; from Old English wela, wealth, well-being, akin to OS: for Indo-European base see will
weal definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Prosperity; happiness: in weal and woe.
- The welfare of the community; the general good: the public weal.
Origin: Middle English wele, from Old English wela; see wel-1 in Indo-European roots.
Origin: Alteration (influenced by wheal) of wale.
weal - Medical Definition