- The definition of affluence is to have a large amount of something, most often money.
An example of affluence is when someone has a large home and many vehicles.
- a flowing toward; influx
- great plenty; abundance
- an abundance of riches; wealth; opulence
Origin: ; from Classical Latin affluentia ; from affluere, to flow to ; from ad-, to plush fluere, to flow
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A plentiful supply of material goods; wealth.
- A great quantity; an abundance.
- A flowing to or toward a point; afflux.