affluence[af′lo̵̅o̅ əns; occas., a flo̵̅o̅′-, ə-]
- The definition of affluence is to have a large amount of something, most often money.
An example of affluence is when someone has a large home and many vehicles.
- a flowing toward; influx
- great plenty; abundance
- an abundance of riches; wealth; opulence
Origin of affluence; from Classical Latin affluentia ; from affluere, to flow to ; from ad-, to + fluere, to flow
- A plentiful supply of material goods; wealth.
- A great quantity; an abundance.
- A flowing to or toward a point; afflux.