Profusion is the state of being in abundance or having a large, lavish supply.
An example of a profusion is having seven luxury cars for two drivers.
- a pouring forth with great liberality or wastefulness
- great liberality or wastefulness
- rich or lavish supply; abundance
Origin of profusionFrench from Classical Latin profusio from profusus: see profuse
- The state of being profuse; abundance.
- Lavish or unrestrained expense; extravagance.
- A profuse outpouring or quantity: “A profusion of chiles—mild Anaheim to hot jalapeño—perks up everything” ( Gene Bourg )