- The definition of needy is someone who is poor, or someone who demands a lot of care or attention.
- A person in a state of poverty who needs help getting food and finding a place to live is an example of someone who is needy.
- A child who constantly cries if he doesn't get attention is an example of a needy child.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
adjective need·i·er, need·i·est
- Being in need; impoverished. See Synonyms at poor.
- Wanting or needing affection, attention, or reassurance, especially to an excessive degree.
- needˈi·ly adverb
- needˈi·ness noun