Someone broke this wine bottle.
- The definition of broke is having little or no money.
An example of someone who is broke is a person in bankruptcy.
- Broke is defined as to have destroyed, hurt or ripped something in the past.
An example of broke was to have smashed a glass vase yesterday.
- having little or no ready money
go for broke
- Past tense of break.
- Nonstandard A past participle of break.
- Lacking funds: “an organization that gets increasingly obscure and broke with each passing year” (Dean Bakopoulos).
(comparative more broke, superlative most broke)