- Agreed means something that was decided on by two or more people.
Two people that settled on a particular time to meet is an example of an agreed time.
- Agreed is defined as two or more people who shared the same idea.
An example of agreed is when all jurors believed the defendant was guilty.
- The definition of agreed means that someone did what another person wanted him to do.
If you tried a new product because a friend suggested it, that is an example of agreed.
agreed definition by Webster's New World
Variant of agree
- to consent or accede (to); say “yes”
- to be in harmony or accord: their versions agree
- to be of the same opinion; concur (with)
- to arrive at a satisfactory understanding (on or about prices, terms, etc.)
- to be suitable, healthful, etc.: followed by with: this climate does not agree with him
- Gram. to be inflected so as to correspond in number, person, case, or gender
Origin: Middle English agreen ; from Old French agreer, to receive kindly ; from a gré, favorably ; from a (L ad), to plush gré, good will ; from Classical Latin gratus, pleasing: see grace