accessibility - Computer Definition
Refers to hardware and software technologies that help visually or physically impaired people to use the computer. For example, the Accessibility Options control panel in Windows provides keyboard, mouse and screen options for people who have difficulty typing or seeing the screen. See assistive technology.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
Variant of accessible
- that can be approached or entered
- easy to approach or enter
- that can be got; obtainable
- open to the influence of: with to: accessible to pity
- easily understood or generally appreciated: an accessible poet
Origin: French ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin accessibilis ; from Classical Latin accessus, access
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.