- The definition of graphic is something that is visual or an image.
An example of a graphic design is the design of a logo.
- Graphic means very vivid or violent.
An example of a graphic description is a detailed description of violence in a war zone.
- The definition of a graphic is a visual element printed on a piece of paper, in a newspaper or magazine article or on a computer or television screen.
An example of a graphic is a logo on a piece of stationary.
- describing or described in realistic and vivid detail; vivid
- of the graphic arts
- of handwriting; used or expressed in handwriting
- written, inscribed, or recorded in letters of the alphabet, meaningful symbols, etc.
- having markings suggestive of written or printed characters: graphic granite
- of graphs or diagrams
- shown by graphs or diagrams
Origin: L graphicus from Glassical Greek graphikos, capable of painting or drawing, of writing from graphē, a drawing, writing from graphein, to write, origin, originally , scratch, incise from Indo-European base an unverified form gerebh- from source carve, crab
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
adjective also graph·i·cal
- a. Of or relating to written representation.b. Of or relating to pictorial representation.
- Of, relating to, or represented by or as if by a graph.
- a. Described in vivid detail.b. Clearly outlined or set forth.
- Of or relating to the graphic arts.
- Of or relating to graphics.
- Geology Having crystals resembling printed characters.
- A work of graphic art.
- A pictorial device used for illustration, as in a lecture.
- A graphic display generated by a computer or an imaging device.
Origin: Latin graphicus, from Greek graphikos, from graphē, writing, from graphein, to write; see gerbh- in Indo-European roots.
- graphˈi·cal·ly adverb
- graphˈic·ness noun
graphic - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.