- Pictorial is defined as something illustrated or expressed in pictures.
If pictures tell a story of the history of a given plot of land, this is an example of a pictorial history.
- The definition of a pictorial is a newspaper or publication that mainly features pictures.
A news magazine made up entirely of pictures is an example of a pictorial.
- Rare of a painter or painting
- of, containing, or expressed in pictures
- evoking or suggesting a mental image or picture; vivid; graphic, as a description
Origin: LL pictorius from Classical Latin pictor, painter from past participle of pingere, to paint
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Relating to, characterized by, or composed of pictures.
- Represented as if in a picture: pictorial prose.
- Illustrated by pictures: a pictorial history.
Origin: From Latin pictōrius, from pictor, painter; see Pictor.
- pic·toˌri·alˈi·ty noun
- pic·toˈri·al·ly adverb