- Descriptive is defined as giving details or something that describes.
An example of descriptive is someone giving a very detailed account of an experience they had; a descriptive person.
descriptive definition by Webster's New World
describing; of or characterized by description; specif.,
- designating or of a branch of a science in which its data or materials are described and classified: descriptive anatomy
- Gram. designating an adjective that indicates a quality or condition of the person or thing named by the word it modifies: “big” in “big barn” is a descriptive adjective
descriptive definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Involving or characterized by description; serving to describe.
- Concerned with classification or description: a descriptive science.
- Grammar a. Expressing an attribute of the modified noun, as green in green grass. Used of an adjective or adjectival clause.b. Nonrestrictive.
- Linguistics Of or relating to the study or the description of a language or a specific stage of a language, with emphasis on constructing a grammar without regard to historical development, comparison with other languages, or advocated norms for correct or proper usage.
- de·scripˈtive·ly adverb
- de·scripˈtive·ness noun