The definition of headstrong is someone who is stubborn, likes things his own way, imposes his opinion or is unyielding in his opinions and beliefs.
An example of a headstrong person is someone who knows her own mind and who is determined to have her own way.
- determined not to follow orders, advice, etc. but to do as one pleases
- showing such determination: headstrong desire
Origin of headstrongMiddle English heedstronge: see head and amp; strong
- Determined to have one's own way; stubbornly and often recklessly willful. See Synonyms at obstinate.
- Resulting from willfulness and obstinacy: made a headstrong decision that he later regretted.
(comparative more headstrong, superlative most headstrong)
- Determined to do as one pleases, and not as others want.
- He was in that headstrong teenage phase when he felt like he knew everything.