- An example of someone willful is a child that refuses to eat at a meal.
- An example of something willful is the action of a puppy that is determined to eat all of the shoes it can find.
The definition of willful is someone or something that does what they want, or something done on purpose.
- said or done deliberately or intentionally
- doing as one pleases; self-willed
- Said or done on purpose; deliberate: willful disregard of the rules. See Synonyms at voluntary.
- Obstinately bent on having one's own way: exasperated by his willful child.
(comparative more willful, superlative most willful)
will +"Ž -ful
willful - Legal Definition
- In civil law, intentional, voluntary, knowing; distinguished from accidental, but not necessarily malicious.
- In criminal law, an act done stubbornly or with an evil intent.