This school gym has been a victim of vandalism.
An example of vandalism is spray-painting the walls of a school.
(countable and uncountable, plural vandalisms)
After the East Germanic tribe of the Vandals, which looted Rome in 455.
vandalism - Computer Definition
vandalism - Legal Definition
- The forest is now protected as a national reserve against vandalism and commercialism.
- These acts of vandalism took place throughout Egypt, but in the distant mines of Sinai the cartouches of Hatshepsut are untouched.
- While Dean discounted hooligans as the source of his vandalism, he was more than happy to accept Brandon Westlake's timely rescue.
- The city owns the waterworks; the water-supply is The burning of Washington was an act of vandalism by no means approved of by many of the British officers who were compelled to take part in it.
- But the most extraordinary of all the acts of Vandalism by which a fine work of art was ever defaced was committed in the year 1853.