- The definition of flexible is someone or something that bends easily, is easily persuaded or can be changed easily.
- An example of flexible is a yoga expert.
- An example of flexible is a work schedule that allows work to be done at any time during the day.
This woman is very flexible.
flexible definition by Webster's New World
- able to bend without breaking; not stiff or rigid; easily bent; pliant
- easily persuaded or influenced; tractable
- adjustable to change; capable of modification: a flexible voice
Origin: Middle English ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin flexibilis ; from flexus: see flex
flexible definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Capable of being bent or flexed; pliable.b. Capable of being bent repeatedly without injury or damage.
- Susceptible to influence or persuasion; tractable.
- Responsive to change; adaptable: a flexible schedule.
Origin: From Latin flexibilis, from flexus, past participle of flectere, to bend.
- flexˌi·bilˈi·ty, flexˈi·ble·ness noun
- flexˈi·bly adverb
flexible - Medical Definition
- Capable of being bent or flexed.
- Capable of being bent repeatedly without injury or damage.
- flexibility, flexˈi·ble·ness noun