- that cannot be bent or curved; stiff; rigid
- firm in mind or purpose; stubborn; unyielding; unshakable
- that cannot be changed; fixed; unalterable: an inflexible rule
Origin of inflexibleMiddle English ; from Classical Latin inflexibilis: see in- and amp; flexible
- Not easily bent; stiff or rigid. See stiff.
- Incapable of being changed; unalterable: an inflexible rule.
- Refusing to change one's attitude, purpose, or principles; immovable: an inflexible disciplinarian.
- in·flex′i·bil′i·ty, in·flex′i·ble·ness
(comparative more inflexible, superlative most inflexible)