The definition of accommodating is an agreeable or helpful person or behavior.
An example of accommodating is a manager who helps a customer with a return.
Helpful and obliging.
(comparative more accommodating, superlative most accommodating)
- Present participle of accommodate.
accommodate + -ing
- There are also the bull-ring, capable of accommodating 8000 spectators, the pelota court (el Trinquete) and several parks or gardens.
- Attached to it is the great hall, capable of accommodating l000 men, with an open roof of fine dark oak, the only remaining portion of the castle that was erected by Archibald Douglas, earl of Moray, in 1450.
- He returned to motel in mid-evening, in a car lent to him by the accommodating authorities.
- Adjoining the palace are two theatres, the Residenz or private theatre, and the handsome Hoftheater, accommodating 2500 spectators.
- There is a repairing slipway accommodating vessels of Boo tons.