- The definition of an accommodation is something that fulfills a particular need.
1. A hotel, motel and inn are each an example of an accommodation for travelers.2. A ramp leading up to the front door of an apartment building is an example of an accommodation for a resident in a wheelchair.
Modern hotel accommodations.
accommodation definition by Webster's New World
- an accommodating or being accommodated; adaptation (to a purpose); adjustment
- reconciliation of differences
- willingness to do favors or services
- a help or convenience
- lodgings; room and board
- traveling space, as in a railroad train or airplane; seat, berth, etc.
- the automatic adjustment of the eye, esp. the lens and pupil, for focusing on objects at various distances
- the act of making or endorsing an accommodation paper
accommodation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of accommodating or the state of being accommodated; adjustment.
- Something that meets a need; a convenience.
- accommodationsa. Room and board; lodgings.b. A seat, compartment, or room on a public vehicle.
- Reconciliation or settlement of opposing views.
- Physiology The automatic adjustment in the focal length of the lens of the eye to permit retinal focus of images of objects at varying distances.
- A financial favor, such as a loan.
accommodation - Legal Definition
- Something done, such as providing a loan or signing an accommodation paper as a surety for another, that is done as a favor without any direct or indirect benefit, compensation, or consideration.
- The act of making a change or provision for someone or something.
accommodation - Medical Definition
- The act or state of adjustment or adaptation.
- The automatic adjustment in the focal length of the lens of the eye to permit retinal focus of images of objects at varying distances.
accommodation - Science Definition