The definition of accommodating is an agreeable or helpful person or behavior.
An example of accommodating is a manager who helps a customer with a return.
Helpful and obliging.
(comparative more accommodating, superlative most accommodating)
- Present participle of accommodate.
accommodate + -ing
- There are also the bull-ring, capable of accommodating 8000 spectators, the pelota court (el Trinquete) and several parks or gardens.
- There is a repairing slipway accommodating vessels of Boo tons.
- The framework was capable of accommodating itself to new facts, and was indeed far in advance of the knowledge of the period.
- Attached to it is the great hall, capable of accommodating l000 men, with an open roof of fine dark oak, the only remaining portion of the castle that was erected by Archibald Douglas, earl of Moray, in 1450.
- Adjoining the palace are two theatres, the Residenz or private theatre, and the handsome Hoftheater, accommodating 2500 spectators.