This woman shows great elasticity.
- An example of elasticity is the ability of a woman's stomach to stretch during pregnancy.
- An example of elasticity is the personality of someone who always recovers easily from disappointment.
The definition of elasticity is the state of being able to stretch and expand, or to be able to bounce back.
- the quality or condition of being elastic; specif.,
- springiness; flexibility; resilience
- buoyancy of spirit
- Econ. the degree to which the demand for, or supply of, particular goods or services responds to a change in price
- The condition or property of being elastic; flexibility.
- Physics a. The property of returning to an initial form or state following deformation.b. The degree to which this property is exhibited.
- A measure of how changes in price affect supply or demand for a given good, equal to the percentage of change in supply or demand divided by the percentage of the price change.
(countable and uncountable, plural elasticities)
- (physics) The property by virtue of which a material deformed under the load can regain its original dimensions when unloaded
- (economics) The sensitivity of changes in a quantity with respect to changes in another quantity.
- If the sales of an item drop by 5 % when the price increases by 10 %, its price elasticity is -0.5.
- The quality of being elastic.