- The definition of heady is something that has an intoxicating or exhilarating effect.
- A strong wine that is likely to get you drunk is an example of something that would be described as heady.
- A strong and beautiful scent that exhilarates you is an example of something that would be described as heady.
heady definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
heady definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective head·i·er, head·i·est
- a. Intoxicating or stupefying: heady liqueur.b. Tending to upset the mind or the balance of senses: standing on a heady outcrop of rock.c. Serving to exhilarate: the heady news of triumph.
- a. Impetuous and rash: a heady outburst of anger.b. Domineering; overbearing: too heady to reason with.
- Swift and violent; headlong: a heady current.
- Showing intelligence and good judgment; prudent: heady tactics.
- Suffering from a headache: a heady, throbbing feeling.
- headˈi·ly adverb
- headˈi·ness noun