- The definition of heady is something that has an intoxicating or exhilarating effect.
- A strong wine that is likely to get you drunk is an example of something that would be described as heady.
- A strong and beautiful scent that exhilarates you is an example of something that would be described as heady.
- a. Intoxicating or stupefying: heady liqueur.b. Tending to upset the mind or the balance of senses: standing on a heady outcrop of rock.c. Serving to exhilarate: the heady news of triumph.
- a. Impetuous and rash: a heady outburst of anger.b. Domineering; overbearing: too heady to reason with.
- Swift and violent; headlong: a heady current.
- Showing intelligence and good judgment; prudent: heady tactics.
- Suffering from a headache: a heady, throbbing feeling.
(comparative headier, superlative headiest)
- intoxicating or stupefying
- The cocktail was a heady mixture of spirits.
- tending to upset the mind or senses
- We looked out from a heady outcrop of rock.
- The rock concert was a heady mixture of their greatest hits.
- Kierkegaard is rather heady reading for a high school student.
- rash or impetuous
- He made too heady promises, and when it came time, he was never able to fulfill them.