- The definition of docile is defined as a passive person or thing.
An example of docile is a Guinea pig.
Guinea pigs are thought to be docile.
- Now Rare easy to teach; teachable
- easy to manage or discipline; submissive
Origin of docileFrench ; from Classical Latin docilis, easily taught ; from docere, to teach: see decent
- Ready and willing to be taught; teachable.
- Yielding to supervision, direction, or management; tractable.
Origin of docileLatin docilis, from docēre, to teach; see dek- in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more docile, superlative most docile)
- (yielding to control): wilful