The definition of meek is someone or something that does not have force or someone who is willing to give into others.adjective
- An example of meek is an argument that is not stated forcefully.
- An example of meek is a person who easily gives in to others.
- patient and mild; not inclined to anger or resentment
- too submissive; easily imposed on; spineless; spiritless
- Obsolete gentle or kind
Origin: ME meke (earlier meoc) < ON miukr, pliant, gentle < IE base *meug-, *meuk-, to slip, slippery, slimy > muck, L mucus, Gr myxa
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
adjective meek·er, meek·est
- Showing patience and humility; gentle.
- Easily imposed on; submissive.
Origin: Middle English meke, of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse mjūkr, soft.
- meekˈly adverb