- The definition of meek is someone or something that does not have force or someone who is willing to give into others.
- An example of meek is an argument that is not stated forcefully.
- An example of meek is a person who easily gives in to others.
meek definition by Webster's New World
- patient and mild; not inclined to anger or resentment
- too submissive; easily imposed on; spineless; spiritless
- Obsolete gentle or kind
Origin: Middle English meke (earlier meoc) ; from Old Norse miukr, pliant, gentle ; from Indo-European base an unverified form meug-, an unverified form meuk-, to slip, slippery, slimy from source muck, Classical Latin mucus, Classical Greek myxa
meek definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective meek·er, meek·est
- Showing patience and humility; gentle.
- Easily imposed on; submissive.
Origin: Middle English meke, of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse mjūkr, soft.
- meekˈly adverb