- The definition of tractable is someone or something easy to manage, control or handle.
An example of tractable is the Windows operating system.
tractable definition by Webster's New World
- easily managed, taught, or controlled; docile; compliant
- easily worked; malleable
Origin: Classical Latin tractabilis ; from tractare, to drag, haul, frequentative of trahere, to draw
tractable definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Easily managed or controlled; governable.
- Easily handled or worked; malleable.
Origin: Latin tractābilis, from tractāre, to manage, frequentative of trahere, to draw.
- tracˌta·bilˈi·ty, tracˈta·ble·ness noun
- tracˈta·bly adverb